Joshua
Josh was one of several new faces at movie group on Saturday. What is movie group you ask? Movie group is a group of people who get together every Saturday and do various fun stuff. The core members are/were Harbour fellowship people, but membership has grown to include a wide variety of people. Technically, it's a "small group", though in actual fact it's getting to be quite large and we shall soon have to resolve how to fit this many people in one house at a time!
Small group [s mall groop]
1. A group of people who get together regularly to form meaningful relationships. Often confused with the bible study. Bible studies are a subcategory of small groups, and continue to be one of the most popular variants. The family is the earliest known form of small group, although it's popularity has diminished in recent years. Critics suggest that this may lead to a global reduction in meaningful relationships.
2. A cell group. This is not a reference to a prison chamber, but to biology, where a cell grows to a fixed size, and then splits into two daughter cells. The process then repeats ad infinitum. {forever}
3. A rodent that lives in malls. Not widely known about, due to their nocturnal nature. Often confused with mall groupies, who share the same natural habitat, but do their shopping by day. Occasionally the two species can be found together, mostly during midnight madness sales.
I was originally introduced to movie group by my brother Paul, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that by the second session there, I felt at home. Normally I am "ok" with most settings, but it is pretty rare for me to feel truly at home anywhere, unless it's with people I've known for many years. I was so pleased I wanted to immediately introduce my extended circle of friends to the group, on the premise that they would fit right in, being similar in nature to myself. I resisted, since I fear we are quickly running out of sitting room. (Our last session had people standing and sitting on the stairs for lack of seating!) But fear not, gentle reader! It is my long-term goal to introduce all my friends to each other. Among other things, I wish to introduce you to each other by means of this blog, where I hope to feature freinds invididually and in groups. It is my observation that I have access to a large number of high-quality friends, and it would seem prudent to introduce them to one another, "that our joy may be full".
Small group [s mall groop]
1. A group of people who get together regularly to form meaningful relationships. Often confused with the bible study. Bible studies are a subcategory of small groups, and continue to be one of the most popular variants. The family is the earliest known form of small group, although it's popularity has diminished in recent years. Critics suggest that this may lead to a global reduction in meaningful relationships.
2. A cell group. This is not a reference to a prison chamber, but to biology, where a cell grows to a fixed size, and then splits into two daughter cells. The process then repeats ad infinitum. {forever}
3. A rodent that lives in malls. Not widely known about, due to their nocturnal nature. Often confused with mall groupies, who share the same natural habitat, but do their shopping by day. Occasionally the two species can be found together, mostly during midnight madness sales.
I was originally introduced to movie group by my brother Paul, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that by the second session there, I felt at home. Normally I am "ok" with most settings, but it is pretty rare for me to feel truly at home anywhere, unless it's with people I've known for many years. I was so pleased I wanted to immediately introduce my extended circle of friends to the group, on the premise that they would fit right in, being similar in nature to myself. I resisted, since I fear we are quickly running out of sitting room. (Our last session had people standing and sitting on the stairs for lack of seating!) But fear not, gentle reader! It is my long-term goal to introduce all my friends to each other. Among other things, I wish to introduce you to each other by means of this blog, where I hope to feature freinds invididually and in groups. It is my observation that I have access to a large number of high-quality friends, and it would seem prudent to introduce them to one another, "that our joy may be full".
4 Comments:
I like your definitions of small groups (the rodent one struck my fancy lol)
Hey Pete, I just checked out your blog...it's great!
I loved it that you defined small groups! My life is organized into several small groups, so it was great to see you taking interest in the concept. And thanks for mentioning Movie Group! I'm so glad you feel comfortable with us.
My pleasure! My life is also organized into small groups. Most of my friends are from different places, but I am trying to introduce them to each other !
Post a Comment
<< Home